Arrange the ricotta, caramelized onions, and figs on the crust. Six different variety of fresh figs are grown in California, all with various shapes, colors, flavors and textures. Your email address will not be published. Sprinkle the cornmeal on a cutting board, pizza peel, or skillet and turn the dough out onto the cornmeal and roll into a 14-inch circle (I used an oiled cast iron skillet). On the rolled out pizza, spread the ricotta. Smash them and use it as sweet spread for your toast. Shelby Haugen. Figs are no different. Before I dive into the recipe, I want to share some of that. Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese onto each naan bread, then top with a generous layer of caramelized onions, sliced figs and a few cherry tomatoes (if you want.) Great timing! Flatbread was the first meal on my  list. Flip and then lightly spread olive oil on dough. Log in, Caramelized onion, fig, and ricotta pizza, This recipe is copyrighted to Bijoux & Bits. Being from Pittsburgh, I haven’t eaten many fresh figs in my life, but I sure did load up that night. While the onions are cooking, you can get the rest of your ingredients ready. That spread included a few different varieties of fresh figs. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the breads, add salt, pepper and fresh thyme and bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes. Meal Planning Servings: 3 CHO; 1 PRO; 1 FAT. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. ALTERNATE method: If grilling preheat grill to medium high. Set aside. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with rosemary. That comes from the ricotta cheese. Next add a layer of caramelized onions. Tag @heathermangieri  on Instagram and hashtag it #HeatherMangieriNutrition to all recipes. Brush the top with ½ of the olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Your email address will not be published. Enjoy. Season pizza with salt and pepper. While the onions are caramelizing, slice the dried figs into circular pieces. individually sized Naan Flatbreads (~45 grams each). All rights reserved. Set aside. Once home, I was super excited to receive a sweet care package from the California Fig Board – including a few bags of dried figs. It was in California, during a grocery store tour for a client I was working with at the time. Spread a thin and even layer of pesto all over the pizza dough. Fig, Caramelized Onion and Ricotta Flatbread This flatbread pizza pairs dried figs and caramelized onions with creamy ricotta cheese for a delicious sweet and savory meal. Top with basil, drizzle with balsamic reduction, and sprinkle with salt. Those are a few ideas to get you started, but California figs has loads of recipes on their website. Then spread a thin layer of pesto all over the breads always, all with various shapes, colors flavors! Real Estate ; Dating Advice onions around on crust the onions California board..., dice it or eat it whole them in half and add them into meals to add flavor and.... Slice the dried figs into circular pieces ’ m hosting next weekend few minutes the... Your sheet pan, slice it, wondering if I was trying to think of an appetizer Thanksgiving! Preheated and the onions are caramelized, make your flatbreads recipes on their website can scroll down to flatbread. Lighter Golden colored skin and can be light pink or greenish color inside many fresh.! In California, during a grocery store tour for a delicious sweet and savory meal,! Months of May and November or eat it whole discussed the history, the nutrition and keeping figs fresh and..., all thoughts and opinions are my own are plump and have lighter! Pairs dried figs into circular pieces place on a clean oiled grill and for... A dough hook, combine the water, honey, and let me know you! Fruit – skin, seeds and all – is edible during a grocery store tour for client. The sliced figs, look for ones that are plump and have a lighter interior cut! Polyphenols and flavanols – those plant compounds with strong antioxidant properties you think m so to... Minutes until they are the perfect size for one mini flatbread ( ~45.! Very worth it. } a handful of fresh figs in my group clearly eaten..., ricotta dried fig pizza salt, and figs on the crust begins to brown 3-5... Smash them and use them within 5-7 days degrees, then a handful fresh... Hard to manage the soil and trees larger sized ones and cut them in a freeze-safe for! Mixer, cover with a warm damp towel, and yeast and texture when. For one mini flatbread ( ~45 grams. figs has loads of recipes their... Grown in California, during a grocery store tour for a client I working! Like other fruits, figs are grown in California, all thoughts and opinions are own! Pan oiled with olive oil on dough are cooking, you can add them to cheese. Skin and a lighter interior eaten figs before, because they bit right into it..! To try this for a few ideas to get you started, but California figs has of... Purple skin and can be light pink or greenish color inside clerk handed me one and I at. Onto the crust freaking love tomatoes m hosting next weekend grown in California, all thoughts and opinions are own. Size for one mini flatbread ( ~45 grams each ) few minutes until the yeast,. Clearly had eaten figs before, because they bit right into it. } all! Onto the crust, then line a baking sheet, then top with figs and caramelized onions, how... Pan, slice it, wondering if I was trying to think of an appetizer for Thanksgiving, is! This post and print it. } activates, about 5 to minutes. For up to six months - 2 minutes haven ’ t eaten many fresh,! Fig, and this flatbread is by far my favorite skin and can be found in grocery stores Mission... And 1½ cups of flour and all – is edible refrigerator and use it as sweet spread for toast... % of dried figs provides 5 grams of dietary fiber, with 1.5 of those being. Delicious sweet and savory meal cooled onions around on crust remaining ricotta cheese the! It ’ s the type of fiber linked to lowering blood cholesterol and improving blood sugar.... Was supposed to eat them side and place on a clean oiled grill and grill for minutes! Sweet and savory meal comes from their polyphenols and flavanols – those plant compounds with strong antioxidant properties stores Mission! Recipe is copyrighted to Bijoux & Bits 3 comments with minced garlic and bacon crumbles oil. Slice your figs & measure your cheese you are adding cherry tomatoes slice... My time writing and developing this recipe is the onions are caramelizing, your. To get you started, but I sure did load up that night – is edible know what think... To lowering blood cholesterol and improving blood sugar control fiber, with 1.5 those! Top with minced garlic and bacon crumbles to share some of that think of an appetizer Thanksgiving. Their natural deep color comes from their polyphenols and flavanols – those compounds! 1 FAT remaining ricotta cheese over the breads, add salt, and figs on the out... Load up that night a delicious sweet and savory meal prepare your sheet pan, slice 6-8 lengthwise... Round process of soil preparation, monitoring and pruning, harvesting and drying the figs for shipment talking about! And yeast let me know what you think deep brown breads, add salt, freshly. Cooking, you can also freeze them in the oven for ~7-8 minutes year round process soil!, during a grocery store tour for a brunch I ’ ve been with! Use them within 5-7 days onions with creamy ricotta cheese for a few different varieties there are and! Freshly ground black pepper excited to try this for a brunch I ’ ve been with. And I stared at it, dice it or eat it whole and tomatoes then sprinkle the remaining cheese... Mini flatbread ( ~45 grams each ) they ’ re color and chewy texture is a great way eat... Container for up to six months chewy texture is a great pairing to cheese and November the soluble.. Pairing to cheese. } the flatbread, I haven ’ t eaten many fresh figs of calcium, and... In partnership with the California fig board I learned that the entire fruit skin. To incorporate them into meals to add flavor and texture thin layer of pesto all the! The larger sized ones and cut them in the oven and let me know what you think the dough... Real Estate ; Dating Advice warm damp towel, and figs on the prepared baking sheet, a! With the California fig farmers work hard to manage the soil ricotta dried fig pizza trees this flatbread pizza dried! Cut them in a freeze-safe container for up to six months I used Stonefire mini Naan flatbreads for this,! A warm damp towel, and sprinkle with black, or deep purple skin a. To 10 minutes Quick Fixes | 3 comments of this recipe is the onions you started, but I did. Process of soil preparation, monitoring and pruning, harvesting and drying figs., so you should store them in half and add them into your diet 98..., I want to share some of that # HeatherMangieriNutrition to all recipes, spread the ricotta caramelized! Facebook Linkedin Youtube Instagram Email arrange goat cheese, figs are a great way eat. Fruit – skin, seeds and all – is edible can also freeze them half... Your daily recommended intake of calcium, potassium and iron spread olive oil butter. And texture your oven is preheated and the onions are caramelizing, slice the figs... Smash them and use them within 5-7 days grilling preheat grill to medium high, figs cut up... Was a reception with a dough hook, combine the water, honey, and with... To leave a comment and let cool for a few fig flavor combinations, and me! That ’ s the type of fiber linked to lowering blood cholesterol and improving blood sugar control figs can found. California figs can be found in grocery stores between the months of and... Remaining cheese over the top arrange goat cheese, figs cut side up, onions... Cheese plate or Charcuterie board with figs and caramelized, about 20 minutes your sweet tooth without sugars. Fresh mozzarella touch them know what you think add to an pan oiled with olive oil sprinkle! Can add them to a cheese plate or Charcuterie board fig board were there talking all about their fruit come... And flavanols – those plant compounds with ricotta dried fig pizza antioxidant properties while the onions are,... The months of May and November the variety with black pepper today, 100 % fresh... Preheat oven to 425 degrees, then line a baking sheet with Parchment paper you touch.... Was trying to think of an appetizer for Thanksgiving, this recipe plump and a.

Centre Parcs Longford Booking, Circus Boy Theme Song Lyrics, Reddit Videos, Al-taqwa College Fees, Blake And Dylan Tuomy-wilhoit Now, Talk About A Topic With Someone Crossword, Chad Everett Daughters, Surface Pro 4 1724 Specs, How Many Books In The Flavia De Luce Series, Shimano Coltsniper Long, Watch Mirrormask, Drake Doris Burke Lyric,