Immersing myself in dance for over 25+ years has shaped my professional journey. My academic journey at Brenau University (Dance Performance & Arts Administration) and Columbia University’s Teachers College (Dance and Dance Education) has shaped me into who I am today—a dancer, a mentor, and a leader in my field.
While living in NYC, I had the honor of learning from dance legends like Merce Cunningham, Trisha Brown, and Douglas Dunn and many more. Currently, I serve as a Professor of Dance at Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, where I have the joy of teaching a variety of courses and leading the dance program.
Beyond academia, I have initiated many impactful creative arts projects. Always keen to blend technology and arts, my creative work spans across multimedia pieces and interdisciplinary collaborative endeavors and aims to go against the grain.
In all I do, my goal is to foster an environment of community, inclusivity, and diversity. I believe in the power of shared growth in the arts, and I’m thrilled to welcome you to join me on this journey.
My experience in dance and arts have given me skills I’m excited to share:
- Leading modern/contemporary dance classes/workshops
- Running community-based dance classes
- Helping teachers with professional development: inclusive teaching, creative movement/improvisation across all disciplines, ages, and abilities
- Offering lecture demonstrations on intersections of dance and other disciplines.
- Creating dance choreography and directing
- Providing arts administration consulting
- Guiding emerging artists in finding their voice.
Interested in working together? I’m ready to help you craft a unique experience that fits your needs. Check out my CV.